Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Leopard Luxe Bardot



For this look I used Aromaleigh's Elemental Lustre Collection. Take a gander:




On my eyelashes I used brown synthetic lashes (okay, plastic lol) from HK via Ebay. For the shadowing I used Seethe, a rich shimmery bronze on my eyes from lashline to browbone and under the lower lashline. On the inset of the lid I swept Gleam, a beautiful 24k gold shine- and to blend, mixed in Ardent, a delicious penny copper sheen. These colours are so rich and swipe on, vibrant and full. No need to double dip into my little sample baggy- a little of these darlings went a long way!


I lined my eyes with Playboy's waterproof liner in a rich emerald green, called "Are you a Playmate?" I darkened the water line and overwrote the green in black eyeliner from NYX.


A tad of Maybelline Lash Stiletto mascara in black and that's the eye palette. To apply, I started with the Seethe and rimmed my eyes round the lashes. I then built up the shape of the shadow in a triangular shape, the point at the edge of my brows for drama. I then filled in on the top of my lid, near the tear duct, in the same triangular shape, halfway through with the Gleam. This lighter colour kept the shadow from looking flat. To blend the two, I mixed Ardent. You should have a beautiful jungle-esque smokey eye. Rim with the NYX black liner and draw a delicate cat-eye with the Playboy liner and by now, you'll be giving Mlle. Bardot a run for her money!


On my face I followed the tried and true contouring methods devised by Way Bandy. Old advice but good advice. Kevyn Aucoin built his facial shaping on it- so should you! I kept the bridge of my nose, center of my forehead, and below the eyes lighter than the rest. I used dark brown powder to darken the instep of my nose on both sides and below my cheekbones. Since I'm not anywhere near a size 2 or 6 for that matter- I used the brown below my chin as well to hide any double-chin effect (or fact, ha ha).






For blush, I mixed Nars Orgasm (it's a bit shimmery) with Nars Mata Hari- Nars has the BEST blush- I don't care what anyone says!
On my lips, I lined them in nude by Smashbox and filled in on the outer edges only ArtDeco's nude lips kit gloss. For the center I used MAC's lipglass in Underage. It's a lovely ivory nude with lots of shine.

This is a great take on the traditional black/grey/plum smokey eye and sure to get a growl or two, right out of the French noir film era or the jungle itself!


Until next time,
Tianne Marie





No comments: