Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I Beg Your Pardon....I Never Promised You a Rose Garden

If anyone knows where I got that funky title- I will seriously mail you some lip gloss from ELF for free! (Seriously).

Ahem! Latest shoot with Lost Lake Photography outta lovely Provo yesterday turned out to be really fun. Besides that studio having the most amazing elevator I've ever seen (old world, sliding grated brass doors, delicious molded floor buttons, straigh out of 1922), I also was able to get some body paint done pretty quickly. Check me, one hour and a half for full body paint design, beauty makeup, application of the most stubborn eyelashes on the planet, and wig placement. Yow!

I loved this model, K- too. She had the posing down and knew how to open her eyes, angle her body, place her feet, she was a total pro. The photographer Jeff was laid back, completely unassuming and also had the best red wall West of the Mississippi.

Here are some shots from yesterday's shoot, which I dubbed "Rose Garden". For reals, if you want that lips gloss (5 colours to choose from), tell me the accurate title and artist for the song and I'll mail it to ya for free! Leave a comment to win! Contest ends Dec 11th- so get to thinking!


I used Kryolan and Ben Nye body paint for the flowers and vines and roses. I used swatches of white to use as a contrasting background on her skin. Follwed that with freehand vines and leaves. Filled the vines and leaves with a darker green for dimension. Following that, drew bright pink roses and filled them with deeper pink and rich violet. A bit of Kryolan glitter glue, some NYX glitter in "Apple" and we were set!


For her face, I used a mixture of the dark green Kryolan paint, my 120 Makeup King palette and went with a very non styled approach. One eye had deep green on the crease, with lighter green on the lid, trailing to green and pink swirled lines from the outer eye, across the temple and down the cheek. I accented those lines with glitter and blended.


The other eye I used fuschia and filled the lid, applying a deep swatch of glitter on the brow bone. I blended pink and light green around the eye, onto the cheekbone under the eye and the temple. For lashes (which were a bugger) I used Manic Panic's "Spiders from Mars"


Blush is Pink Swoon from MAC mixed with Peaches. For her lips, I applied glitter glue and loads of NYX glitter in "Apple"


Viva lovely, no?


Until next time,
Tianne Marie

No comments: