Hello!
Welcome to my blog!
Feel free to look around or drop me a line. I love comments as well.
Press/PR please contact me at
BaroqueInBabylon@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Professional Profile: Fulvia Farolfi

Hi there!

I wanted to spotlight the makeup artists whose work I admire. First off is Fulvia Farolfi. Here's what bryanbantry.com has to say:
Fulvia Farolfi learned her techniques at Milan’s famous Beauty Center, then personalized them and created her unique approach to make-up; versatile, creative, flawless, and always evolving through team work and flowing inspiration. Fulvia’s work appears in Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, Vanity Fair, Numero, W, Italian Vogue etc. She’s a favorite of photographers Raymond Meier, Irving Penn, Bruce Weber, Helmut Newton, Peter Lindbergh and Steven Klein.A regular at the runway shows in the US and Europe, Fulvia has created looks for BCBG, Balenciaga, Kenzo, Badgley Mischka, Marnie, Carolina Herrera and Ungaro.Estee Lauder, Revlon and Cover Girl use Fulvia regularly. Fulvia also developed make-up lines for Emporio Armani and Shiseido.Celebrity clients include Julia Roberts, Winonna Ryder, Marisa Tomei, Maggie Gyllenhall, Annette Benning, Kate Winslet, Salma Hyack, Sarah Jessica Parker, Diane Lane, Ahsley Judd and J. Lo.


How can you not have respect for someone as creatively efficient and diverse as that? I've loved her work on Victoria Beckham in this month's Elle (October 2009)



I have a few images of her artistry on this post for you blogadiers to wonder over after the text.

A fantastic article on Farolfi is HERE! The image at top left is Ms. Farolfi hard at work (oh the envy). She's a tiny little thing with an Alanis/Angelina face. Fulvia is definitley someone I'd give my right arm to have 10 minutes of her time- even on the phone! Okay, my left arm- I need the right one for all my brushes! But, what a talent and an inspiration to us makeup girls.




MAC template


Kiera Knightley

I contacted Fulvia via Facebook and she kindly asked if I was in the New York area.  I responded that I wasn't but would be willing to fly out and shadow her or even just watch her work.  I never heard back.  I have since wondered if she thought I was trying to get something- truth was, I just was so enamored with her skill it would've been a dream to meet her.  Ah well.

Have a great day,
T



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I babysat for her spoiled 10 yr old ( at the time ) daughter. She is an amazing make up artist but she would be scary and never smile when I would see her at home.. Pamela